Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Interactive Calendars for Your Library using Thinglink and MoveNote

Cindy and I worked diligently on preparing calendars for our libraries that highlighted upcoming events like Teen Read Week or National Library Week.  I wanted to try to create an interactive calendar that would give students a heads up on what would be happening during the month.  I also wanted to incorporate a couple of great tools like ThingLink and MoveNote.

When you take a look at the Calendar below for October, notice that if you scroll over the calendar, there are links that will take to you sites and video.  We have blogged numerous times on ThingLink and that is what we used to make the calendar interactive.   Now, look specifically at October 14th and 15th.  You will see two MoveNote presentations on those dates.
 
MoveNote is a wonderful tool that allows you to upload PowerPoint presentations and create video to go along with it.


Move note is free and allows you to upload PDF's and JPG's.  I had to save my PPT presentation into JPEG files then upload them afterwards.  


Once you create an account, you can use MoveNote to enhance educational presentations.    Here is MoveNote's video on how easy it is to create a presentation.





Interactive Calendars for your library can be a lifesaver especially with events like Teen Read Week.  Tools like ThingLink and MoveNote make that calendar something that in the long run will make your life easier!  Can you see yourself making interactive calendars or what about interactive flyers for library events.  Share some of the ways you think you can use any of these tools; Cindy and I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love this idea! Thank you for posting this for all of us in Library Land to see. I will definitely be using this idea in my library! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Thanks for the introduction to MoveNote. I'm going to suggest it to my history department to liven up those PowerPoint assignments they still require:)

    ReplyDelete